Recognition and Affiliation
NEBC is approved by the State of Maine legislature to confer Baccalaureate level degrees (B.A., B.S.). Although NEBC is not regionally accredited (currently at Candidate status with ABHE), students have successfully transferred course credit to other Christian colleges and private universities. Our alumni have been accepted into programs at graduate schools and seminaries, and have found themselves well prepared for the challenge.
The Registrar can provide information regarding which institutions have accepted transfer credits from NEBC, or graduate programs which have accepted NEBC graduates. For further information regarding our accreditation status or affiliations, please contact the Academic Dean. Email the Dean
- NEBC is incorporated as New England Baptist Bible College and has been approved by the State of Maine legislature to confer Baccalaureate level degrees.
- NEBC holds Candidate status with the Association for Biblical Higher Education 5575 S. Semoran Blvd., Ste. 26, Orlando, FL 32822-1781.; Tel. 407.207.0808. Candidate status is a pre-accredited status granted to those institutions that show promise of achieving accreditation within four (4) years.
- NEBC is approved by the Veterans Administration for training of veterans and their dependents under the provisions of section 3676 of title 38, U.S. Code.
- NEBC is listed in the Regional Education Directory of Region 1 of the U.S. Department of Education.
- NEBC is a member of the Maine Higher Education Council.
- NEBC is recognized by ACSI to provide Bible courses needed by teachers for ACSI certification.